One of the most commonly used drugs in the world, marijuana or cannabis affects many aspects of a person’s life and health. Its main ingredient-THC or delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol-passes through and affects various organs in the body system. Excessive use of the drug can cause many dangerous side effects, impairing the body’s normal, healthy function. The marihuana kaufen online main ingredient in cannabis provides the altered state or the high that users long to achieve each time they smoke weed, this same chemical slowly destroys the body. Here are just five of the many reasons why cannabis users should stop using and when necessary seek help from a specialist addictions treatment facility:
• The brain – Cannabis impairs various areas of the brain that store memory, maintain concentration, and produce thoughts. This in itself is reason enough to stop smoking pot. Cannabis influences the body’s pleasure sensors, making it very attractive to people with addictive tendencies. Difficulty solving problems, distorted perceptions, and poor coordination that may last for days or even weeks are common among those that use pot.
• The respiratory system – Smoking pot can also cause serious damage to the respiratory system, particularly, the lungs. According to studies, there are some 50 to 70 more carcinogens in pot than there are in tobacco products. Pot smokers also experience and develop the same problems as heavy cigarette smokers do, like persistent cough, emphysema, bronchitis, and other respiratory illnesses. Quitting marijuana prevents your body from developing these problems.
• The heart – inhalation of marijuana increases the heart rate by as much as 100 percent. The palpitations can last for up to several hours after smoking the drug, leaving pot smokers at a high risk of developing heart diseases and having a heart attack within the first hour of smoking weed.
• The psyche – Smoking pot increases anxiety, depression, and suicide tendencies. While researchers are still not certain whether cannabis use causes or exacerbates existing mental illnesses, it is only sensible to avoid the drug and prevent developing these tendencies or aggravate genetic dispositions.
• The future – The long-term effects of cannabis smoking are cumulative, especially when it comes to brain health. Studies show that pot smokers risk the same degree of brain damage as heroin or cocaine users.
Like other addictions, cannabis addiction also affects all areas of the user’s life, ranging from social function, relationships, work, hobbies, and overall health-which are all the more reasons to quit. Cannabis addiction rehab centres in the UK, can help you or your loved one overcome these kinds of addictions.